Practical steps to delight in God | God's glory, our delight (episode 168)Sep 26, 2022
Welcome back to our Gospel Spice fall 2022 series, God's glory our delight! "God's glory, our delight" is Stephanie's personal motto. Today we are pondering 6 steps as practical stepping stones to grow in our delight of God. This is not a guaranteed recipe - it is between you and God! Here are the 6 steps that Stephanie invites you to step into, with much expectation, humility and deep gratitude:
First, Ponder the life of delight in the glory of god.
1- Believe it’s possible and real.
2- Embrace the promise for yourself personally.
Then, look at yourself.
1- Admit we’re still in the wilderness.
2- Realize we can’t do this on our own strength.
Finally, enter the promised land.
1- Cross the Jordan.
2- Expect God to show up.
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN: https://www.podcastics.com/episode/139586/link/
Jews believed that the Temple was the place where heaven met earth—literally. They didn’t think of heaven as a galaxy far far awa, or on the other side of the wardrobe. They understood heaven as being closer to us than our own breath. Heaven and earth overlap in intertwining circles, and meet in the Temple. We are the Temple of God because of Christ in us, the hope of all glorious things to come (Colossians 1:27). We are jars of clay, but we hold the surpassing treasure that is the uncontainable God Himself.
Let's be practical...
- Reminder – there are listening guides for each episode. They allow you to follow with pen and paper, or with your phone to take notes from the app. These listening guides are part of the workbook you can download for free as a member.
- Today and each GGOD episode has a listening guide as well as questions for either group discussions or your own personal time, inviting you to ponder what you heard in the days to come.
- Today we are introducing a new feature which is a listener suggestion: about halfway through the episode, there will be a 30-second musical interlude to allow you to pause and reflect on the lesson. You are also invited to use the second music break at the end of the episode, it is newly expanded, if you feel the need to chew on the lesson some more.
- Also use our membership page to muse, ask questions, ponder, reflect, connect with us!
- Please do remember that you can go back and listen again. We aim to give you the best quality content we can teach so it is intense and deep – that is because we highly respect you and your time, and we want to honor you as you seek to deepen your faith. There are all sorts of people listening alongside you, from overseas missionaries to seminary students to brand new believers, people listening as they drive or jog or run errands or do the dishes. So you are welcome, at whatever stage of your spiritual journey you find yourself in. If it means listening twice or taking notes using the listening guide, that’s awesome! Take it slow. These epsidoes are more akin to a slow cooked French meal than a McDonalds drive-thru!
- Finally, there will be a Gospel Spice online Bible Study starting in a few weeks – go to gospelspice.com for more. It is free, live, weekly for 6 weeks, and on a private Facebook group. Small scale. In depth. More details to come. Sign-up now.
- Also Sign-up for our newsletter so you know about those things before everyone else! This will also give you access to all our content for free, including a video version of this teaching. All in one easy place: https://www.gospelspice.com/sign-up-to-be-a-member
This week’s key verses are:
2Corinthians 4:7 - We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
John 5:44 - How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?
Catch up with Stephanie's latest episodes on the Gospel Spice podcast!