From darkness to glory | God's glory, our delight (episode 175)Nov 14, 2022
This is our final episode in our much-beloved series, God's Glory, our delight! What a journey! Our conclusion today calls us to step from darkness to glory. Stephanie spends a moment reminiscing on the journey we have undertaken together. Over the 12 episodes of this series, we have sought to create a new perspective through which to view the world, our life, our circumstances, our choices, and our identity –by learning to see God as He is.
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN: https://www.podcastics.com/episode/139776/link/
We have wondered, How can I delight in God’s glory in…
- My identity
- My choices + behaviors + thoughts = ever deepening work of the Cross in me
- My circumstances – past, present, future.
- My relationship with God
We've looked at understanding what keeps us from delighting in God’s glory - misunderstandings about...
- who He is
- His heart for us
- the depth of our sin nature and ability to overcome and our need for Him
- His utter ability to save us from ourselves and give us His resurrection power.
- who we truly are in His sight
- what glory is, and what delight is
- what humility is
We've pondered our lack of beholding the perspective of heaven, through His eternal purpose in creating us and our eternal glorified state (in body, soul, spirit). We've started on the path to step into His ultimate purpose for our life – delight in His glory. We've studied practical habits of growth in Christlikeness, individually (with a focus on humility as meekness; dependence on Him; correct beholding of Reality/Truth; love), delight through individual spiritual disciplines of Bible intake, prayer/fasting, journaling, worship) and corporately (church, mentoring, love).
We've tried to approach a definition of the glory of God – who He is, and who we are. He says, " I am, and there is no other." So we are called to choose: His glory, or mine?
What a journey! So today we are pondering: How can I be different because I delight in His glory? How delighting in His glory changes me?
Today's verses: "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." (2Corinthians 3:17-18)
Let's be practical...
- Reminder – there are listening guides for each episode. They allow you to follow with pen and paper, or with your phone to take notes from the app. These listening guides are part of the workbook you can download for free as a member.
- Today and each GGOD episode has a listening guide as well as questions for either group discussions or your own personal time, inviting you to ponder what you heard in the days to come.
- Today we are introducing a new feature which is a listener suggestion: about halfway through the episode, there will be a 30-second musical interlude to allow you to pause and reflect on the lesson. You are also invited to use the second music break at the end of the episode, it is newly expanded, if you feel the need to chew on the lesson some more.
- Also use our membership page to muse, ask questions, ponder, reflect, connect with us!
- Please do remember that you can go back and listen again. We aim to give you the best quality content we can teach so it is intense and deep – that is because we highly respect you and your time, and we want to honor you as you seek to deepen your faith. There are all sorts of people listening alongside you, from overseas missionaries to seminary students to brand new believers, people listening as they drive or jog or run errands or do the dishes. So you are welcome, at whatever stage of your spiritual journey you find yourself in. If it means listening twice or taking notes using the listening guide, that’s awesome! Take it slow. These epsidoes are more akin to a slow cooked French meal than a McDonalds drive-thru!
- Finally, there will be a Gospel Spice online Bible Study starting in a few weeks – go to gospelspice.com for more. It is free, live, weekly for 6 weeks, and on a private Facebook group. Small scale. In depth. More details to come. Sign-up now.
- Also Sign-up for our newsletter so you know about those things before everyone else! This will also give you access to all our content for free, including a video version of this teaching. All in one easy place: https://www.gospelspice.com/sign-up-to-be-a-member
Catch up with Stephanie's latest episodes on the Gospel Spice podcast!